March 9, 2009

Bad blogger

Sorry it's been so long...things are just busy! I promise to post pics of Mason soon. He is getting so big and is trying SO hard to roll over now.

President Obama signed an order today about embryonic stem cell research, reversing President Bush's previous policy that banned federal funding. This is so exciting for so many reasons! I know there is a huge debate about using embryonic stem cells, and the when is it considered "life"...and I'm not getting into that on this blog. I'm sure Obama will get some crap for this, since most people think he needs to be focusing on the economy 100%...but seriously, this needed to happen. He promised it during his campaign and then made good on those promises! (how many politicians do that?)

On a personal note, today is Monday, which means that my Copaxone injection is in the stomach. I HATE doing it in my stomach, so when I saw Obama did this today it was extra special to think that maybe, someday, I won't have to gives myself shots in the stomach (or at all) anymore! We also banked Mason's cord blood (we used CBR)and in the horrible event he someday needs it, more research can only help widen the scope of diseases treated by stem cells. There's even a possibility that I could use them for my MS!

OK, enough of this. Back to work :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post photos of Mason soon,
want to see how much he has grown!

Mariah said...

Baby killer...sorry couldn't resist.