March 27, 2011

But wait, there's more!

I know I just posted Mason's farting story...well, there's more...ALREADY!

First of all, Mason was taking a bath a couple nights ago at my parent's house. He and Nana were having a good old time, and I was in the living room. I could hear Mason laughing, and not just laughing, but that deep belly laugh that kids get when they're really excited. Next I hear, "Papa, come look at this!" and my dad goes into the bathroom, which is followed by more hysterical laughing. Apparently, Mason was a little gassy that night and had farted in the tub a few times...then he was making himself fart more to make more bubbles. It was so exciting to him, he just had to share it with Papa.

This next interaction was today as I was getting Mason up from his nap and I needed to get a new diaper on him. We are still using his changing table to save our backs, even though he really is too big for it now.

Mason: (laying down on the changing table) I getting bigger.
Me: Yes, you are growing.
Mason: I get long.
Me: Yes, your legs are getting too long for this table. You're getting bigger.
Mason: Ya, my pee pee get bigger, too.

What in the hell are you supposed to say to that?!? Um, why, yes, I suppose it is.

No comments: