June 11, 2012

The Time

I started this post a week ago when we got to Chicago again...then things got a little crazy and I never finished it. I'll post it anyway, but just know it isn't exactly a complete account of really anything.

No, this post isn't about any girlie time so don't worry. I've really been bad at keeping this up...and I am still totally blaming Facebook! I think anyone who actually reads this is probably friends with me on FB and already knows what's been going on. I'll do my best to catch you all up, though.

The neupogen shots were HORRIBLE. Well, not the shots themselves, but the joint pain was more intense than I even know how to put into words. For anyone who knows me I'll just say this, I let Todd push me around (in public) in a wheelchair. So there's that.

We managed to have fun with Mason in Chicago, though. I thinks it's safe to say the kid has been introduced to city life...and was very ready to go back to his "blue house" and yard!

My stem cell collection was more than amazing. Dr. Burt only requires 2 million for the transplant and I collected over 29 million in just 4 hours of the machine. After that news, we changed out flights home as soon as we could!

Just like everything else on my treatment calendar, my hair fell out right on time once we were home. And by saying it fell out in clumps doesn't even do it enough justice! We wasted no time in buzzing what was left off, and even Mason joined in on the fun. I have to admit, he looks pretty darn cute with a buzz cut :)





No comments: