February 13, 2009

Side effects

It's official. As of Monday morning, I am on a disease modifying drug for my MS. After learning about the "big three" and weighing the options of each, I decided to use Copaxone. It's a daily sub-q injection that I give myself. So far, it's going pretty well. Luckily I haven't had any of the side effects other than right after my injection, the site gets red and itchy. I had a lot of anxiety leading up to this week, mainly because up until now I could still push MS into a tiny corner of my brain and now being on treatment makes it suddenly so real. It was also difficult to decide to wean Mason and give him formula much earlier than I originally planned.

(side note: he took to formula like a champ! If that boy is hungry, he eats! And a HUGE bonus...he sleeps longer at night...often up to a 7 hour stretch!!!)

(another side note: don't forget about the MS Walk this year! Sign up or donate here)

No comments: