August 20, 2009

Hard times for Anchorage

Unless you've been living under a rock (or you don't live in the MOA) you know that this city is facing crazy budget issues...which includes the layoffs of AFD staff. Luckily, at this point, Todd isn't at risk of losing his job, but we all know these layoffs aren't the end. 2010 is just around the corner.

Patrick Flynn wrote an interesting blog you should check out about the potential appointment of Mark Hall to Fire Chief. The assembly needs to pass a special "allowance" so this can happen because of nepotism rules...personally I hope they don't do it. I won't say much more than that because I don't want anything I say on here to negatively affect my husband (although, I should point out that this is my personal blog). Anyway, his blog is here

Next, you should check out and pass along the next blog about AFD, located here which is the AFD Status blog. You can also follow them on Twitter.

That's all for now from this AFD wife :)

No comments: