December 30, 2011

Waiting is the hardest part

Mason was so excited for Christmas this year, and I think his level of excitement is just going to keep increasing each year. Even with his advent calendar to help him count down (it's the kind that you velcro and ornament on a tree for 24 days) he still would ask "Is today Christmas?" or "When will it be Christmas morning?"

Christmas Eve did finally arrive, and putting Mason to bed that night was a real treat. He did finally fall asleep, but almost 2 hours later than normal! He kept "needing" things...my favorite need was chapstick. Anyway, Santa was able to come once we were all in bed and boy did this kid get spoiled! It's a good thing Todd and I recently went through a bunch of old toys and books to donate so we had room for the new stuff.

This year was the first Christmas morning in my entire 32 years that I didn't go to my parents house for Christmas morning. Everyone came to our house, which is probably how it's going to be since we have the "Santa house" (i.e. house with a kid). Guess this means I'm really a grown up now.

We also lit the menorah and played dreidel this year. Mason amazed me the first night of Hanukkah when I lit the candle and he looked at me with a puzzled look and asked if it was Shabbat, then proceeded to cover his eyes and say (almost) the entire Shabbet blessing in Hebrew! It was so cute, I wished I had my camera out to record it.

Showing off his stocking

Having fun with the tree ornaments

We had to "make it snow" downstairs in his playroom
so I hung paper snowflakes from the ceiling
The gingerbread house we decorated

Looking at his new gifts from Santa

A snow globe of Jingle the Husky Pup

I love how much he's concentrating here

A new shovel, just Mason's size

And a new green sled

We made a little hill in the yard, but I think
he's ready for the sledding hill at the school now.

No comments: