April 14, 2012

Blame it on Facebook

I broke down a month or so ago and made a Facebook page. This is something I said I would NEVER do, and I actually prided myself of being one of the last people on earth without Facebook...I guess it's true, never say never. Needless to say, this has made an already bad blogger even worse!

I  do have to admit, it has helped tremendously with fundraising and getting the word about the auction out there. People I don't even know donated items to the auction, donated money, and came out to the auction as well. The silent auction was such an incredible success, surpassing even my biggest hopes for the night. The grand total for the evening ended up being over $12,000!

Yesterday I got a phone call from my nurse in Chicago. Long story short, I have to be there 4/25 now rather than starting on 4/30. It is only 3 days different from when I was originally leaving, but I just feels so much sooner now. I'm starting to realize how much I still need to get done and ready in such a short amount of time.

No comments: