April 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I was able to move into the apartment I'm renting today. It's pretty bare boned, but I think it will work. I went grocery shopping for a few things...I am so thankful for a kitchen, even if it has no spices, no olive oil, no hot pads, etc. Tomorrow I'm going to check out Crate and Barrel, and maybe a few other places to pick up some needed items. I told Todd it feels like college again, needing quarters to do my laundry :)

The biggest downfall to the apartment is that, since it's in such an old building, everyone is on the same thermostat. Today was chilly and windy, so opening a window or two did fine, but I am concerned about what will happen once the weather warms up. A fan is definitely on my list, too.

I did find a Barnes and Noble today that is sort of near-by. There used to be a great Borders right on Michigan Ave, but like all the others, it closed. I'm feeling a little bored, which seems silly to some people, but the truth is that 1. I've been here a dozen times and 2. I can't physically walk that much.

I now have a mailing address, for anyone that is interested. It is: 900 North Dewitt Place. #806 Chicago, IL 60611

Just one more day of being a slug and then I'll actually have appointments to go to, and once that all starts I'm sure I'll have more to tell.

No comments: