June 12, 2009

What's the number?

I went to see the PPD woman on Wednesday. She was actually very nice, and not at all loony. (it just seems to me that a lot of counselors are kind of loony and into meditating and such...which just does not work for me)

Anyway, one thing she does want me to do is start numbering my days. Kind of like the pain scale we use for patients, although instead of ten being horrible, I-want-to-die pain, 10 is beautiful-birds chirping-perfect day and one is a I-don't-want-to-go-on-living kind of day. Along with numbering them, I also need to think about what's going on the days that are lower numbers.

She also gave me names of some books and websites that I still haven't checked out, but I'll probably get around to it this weekend. I have a feeling that once school is over my stress level will drop dramatically...so in 62 days we'll see if that's true. This last semester not only sucks because my classes are lame and require TONS of writing that I just do NOT have the time for, but also because, since it's my last semester, I just don't really care that much. I think in high school we called this senioritis.

And by the way, in case you're wondering...so far, today is about a 4.5 (I thought I would switch it up a bit, using decimals sometimes ala SJP in SATC) No real reason for the lower than average number, but I think this may just be my baseline most days unfortunately.

No comments: