May 26, 2010

The lighter side

So, before I doom and gloom this blog with my crappy MRI results and all my stress surrounding this trip...let me share some funny, or at least not crappy stories of things that have happened so far.

You all know I'm an Avs fan...and now that Lappy is with the Flyers, I have a special place in my heart for them too...but I am actually hoping to see the Blackhawks win the Cup. So, you can imagine how AWESOME it was today that I got to see this outside of the Art Institute of Chicago.

And, I didn't take a picture of it, but I saw the funniest shirt I've seen in a long time on a chick walking down the street the other day. It said (and I'm serious, I can't make this shit up) "BLACKHAWKS WHORE...I'd take one for the team". I seriously almost died laughing!

As far as seeing a game......ha! They start the finals here on Saturday, and also have a home game on Monday. Seats, correction, tickets for standing room only are starting at $300 each! So, unless someone would like to make a contribution toward the Loy family Stanley Cup ticket fund, I will be watching the game at some crowded, gross bar like everyone else.

One huge difference between the Magnificent Mile in January vs. May is the amount of people on the street asking for you to sign this, donate to that. Seriously! The SPCA people are out in full force right now! Why weren't your animal rights so damn important back in January? Actually, I don't mind the SPCA, I just am super annoyed with being hounded on the streets.

Today, another funny thing I did, was wave to a fire engine. Ok, let me back up. At home, the chances of me knowing who is driving the fire engine is extremely good. And sometimes, it even turns out that I'm married to one of the guys in the truck. So, it's kind of a habit, especially when I'm downtown. I'm sure these guys thought I was some fireman-crazed woman, but really, I am just used to saying hi to people I actually know! I promise!

I'm sure there is other stuff I'm forgetting, but this will probably do it for now.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

I'm surprised playoff tickets aren't more. You could drop close to that for a regular season Sabres game! But I assure you that even being in a crowded, gross bar IN the city that the playoff game is taking place will still be quite an experience.