May 22, 2010

Summertime...almost

Our weather has been so crazy the last few months, but it seems as though summer might have finally reached Alaska. Mason LOVES being outside. Actually, loves isn't even a strong enough word for how crazy this child is about being outside, but I don't really have another word in my vocabulary at this moment to describe it. We have been spending lots of time in the yard, going for walks, blowing bubbles, playing at the park, etc, etc, etc.

Mason still also loves his daycare. He still only goes two days a week, but we are thinking about increasing to three once he is able to move up into the toddler room. Speaking of the toddler room, Mason is currently in the baby room, which is from 6-18 months. He is the oldest kiddo in there, and by far the most active, so he gets a little bored sometimes. Now that he's 18 months he will start transitioning into the toddler room, where he'll be once he's 19 months. He is so fascinated by the toddler room, we have a hard time in the mornings having to walk past it to get to the baby room. Friday he actually spent all day with the toddlers, and even got to be the Shabbat helper! I wish I could have seen it, it sounds like he was super cute up with Mr. Joe lighting the candles and saying the blessing over the Challah.

Being back to work at the hospital has been great for me. I was super nervous going back, I was really afraid that I had forgotten everything, but that didn't happen. My schedule is set now, which is SO much better for me, and if I want more than 20 hours a week I (so far) have no problem getting extra hours. I really feel like I'm using my brain again at work, which is something I was definitely lacking before. The only downside is that all that brain usage leaves little time for reading at work, so my book consumption has decreased significantly since I'm not at the clinic anymore. It's a good trade off.

Here's my little man, learning to blow bubbles in the yard. He's actually pretty good at it, as long as it's with this small bubble wand.










And here he is in our closet with my hot pink shoes on. He was so proud of himself for getting them out of box and onto his feet all by himself. Todd was only slightly concerned that maybe it was time for some more time in the "Man Cave" with Daddy.

No comments: