February 26, 2011

Fun in the sun

Yesterday, we rented a car for the day and ventured around the bay to the Vallarta Zoo. I didn't really know what to expect, but I have to say it will definitely be on my list of recommendations for people traveling to this area with kids. It was cheap (they only charged for Todd and I) and for under $5 you could buy a bag of different foods to feed the animals with. Mason was a huge fan of feeding the different animals, especially the monkeys! The only problem is that I'm afraid now he will be expecting to do this at home next time we visit the AK Zoo.

In other news, not much to report other than more sun and sand :) Not a bad way to spend time, if you ask me. Mason did ask today to go back to his "old home", but he luckily got over it pretty quickly. One thing about being here, he is so exhausted by the time he goes down for nap or night time, so his patience (and mine) have been a little thinner than usual. But like Todd said tonight, the times of seeing his sheer joy and elation over the simplest things here totally out-number and out-weigh the tantrums he has.

Here are a few (ok, ten) more pictures....I have taken SO many on this vacation, I'm actually impressed with myself. I think a lot has to do with the fact that I have such a little cutie to take pictures of now, and a lot also has to do with my awesome new camera that is so fun to play with. Pretty sure I'll have to put a slideshow together when we get home to share them with everyone. Don't worry, unlike these, they really aren't ALL just of Mason.

Another disappointment when we get home will be going back to a normal sized tub

My goofy boy getting ready for bed

He is obsessed with all the fountains here (he can't say fountain, and calls them "mountains")

Feeding a llama

Todd looks a little nervous feeding the antelope

Anyone know a three letter word for flightless bird (sorry, I'm a crossword nerd)

The zebras were surprisingly hungry

Look at the tongue on that thing! This giraffe was so gentle. It was my personal favorite

Mason loved the monkeys. And he was so impressed they could open the peanut shells

One happy kid at the zoo

1 comment:

Mariah's Mama said...

Looks like FUN!! Hope you continue to have a FABULOUS time.