August 9, 2010

Playing in the rain

If you don't live here, you've probably had an actual summer to enjoy. If you do live here, you know where I'm coming from. This summer has been nothing but rain, rain and more rain. If we didn't get out and do stuff because it was raining, we would never leave the house. Luckily, we have one tough little guy who loves to play outside no matter what the weather is.

I found something called the "muddy buddy". By far the best thing I've bought for Mason. It looks like a hazmat suit, but it allows Mason to play outside in the rain all he wants without getting completely soaked. As you can see, puddles are his friend. The first picture was taken in Whittier. Mason loves everything about Whittier...there are tunnels, boats, trains, birds, and lots of puddles. The next two pictures are at the park down the street.

With Daddy, playing in the dirt on a rare non-rainy day. (Notice I didn't say sunny day)


Here we are at the cabin taking a "bath". This is the same bowl my mom gave baths to my little brother in when he was Mason's size. I will have to post an entire entry about our trip to the cabin as soon as I get those pictures on the computer. To give you a little preview...shocker...he LOVED the cabin!               

2 comments:

Mariah said...

I know you don't want to hear this but it was pouring rain here yesterday...it was such a nice break from the heat!

Mariah's Mama said...

Mason is such a cutie! Where did you find that Muddy Buddy? What a great idea!