November 20, 2010

I almost forgot

The other fun thing Todd and I did last weekend was go to the Firefighter's Ball. It had been quite a few years since we have gone, and I was super excited to hear that this year was a "formal/semi-formal" year. (It alternates between a "theme" year and a "dress up" year. It should be no surprise to anyone that knows me that I'm not as big a fan of the "theme" years).

The drama that unfolded that morning was poor timing to say the least. All I'm going to say about the Mark Hall incident is that I hope people are able to remember that the poor decisions/actions of one do not always accurately reflect the masses. It's unfortunate for the men and women of AFD that this is how the public now perceives them. Ugh. That morning I also had my Tysabri infusion, so my face was a little flushed and my tummy was a little upset. After 6 months of this stuff, though, I am getting used to it.

We had dinner at Crush. It was the second time I'd been, and Todd's first. SO GOOD! Definitely one of my favorite new places in Anchorage.

Anyway, here we are at the ball. I had a lot of fun, and I think Todd did, too. I drank a little too much, but I figure it evens out since Todd doesn't drink at all. I even got Todd out on the dance floor a little! Crazy!


And here are my awesome shoes. They pinched my feet a little after a while...but they sure were hot!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Nice photo of you and Todd!
Love the shoes!