April 15, 2011

Watch where you're going!

Wednesday was another normal day at work for me. I was assigned to the OR (as usual) and things were going pretty smoothly...until I was run into by someone pushing a patient on a gurney. It hit me right on the back/outer side of my right ankle. I usually like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this literally made me break out into an immediate sweat. 

I initially wasn't going to get it checked out, I just iced it and filled out my employee incident report. Unfortunately, it just kept hurting more and more, so yesterday I had it looked at. 

Not much to report at this point. I was given a boot to wear for when I'm out or at work, but I can stop wearing it if it makes things worse or gets in my way too much. I go back in two weeks to have it checked again. I'm hoping it will be just fine by then, but the PA I saw isn't planning on it. She thinks it will be sore for up to 8 weeks. If in two weeks, though, it isn't "significantly" better, she'll order an MRI and go from there. 

In the mean time, I'll hobble around with my silly boot on, keep ice on it and watch out for those run away gurneys.