April 22, 2011

This boot was made for walking

Even with the super annoying boot I've been forced to wear since being run over with a gurney in the OR (ok, that was slightly dramatic, but whatever) I managed to still do the Walk MS this year. The weather was GORGEOUS this year and I'm so proud to report that Team Hope raised $5000!

Mason was in and out of the stroller the entire walk, but he did great. He was totally into all the airplanes on Lake Hood, and was excited to see a couple take off from the runway. Only in Alaska would a walk have to stop to let a plane go by!

I know I say this every year, but I am so overwhelmed by the love and support of our family and friends every year. Thank you all who donated, and thank you all who came out and walked for our team. So many people aren't as fortunate as I am to have such an amazing support system, and sometimes I need to be reminded of just how lucky I truly am.

My baby brother. His sign says "I walk for my sister"

Mason's friend Ashe and his daddy came

Mason and Todd running around 

My sweet boy. His shirt says
"I wear orange for my mommy"

Trying to get that kid to look at the
camera is impossible sometimes! 
The kids all got balloon animals after
the walk. Mason and Haily each got monkeys.

Ashton and his alien

Me and my boys

Finally looking at the camera and it's the
most phallic shot ever! Ugh!

Sticking out his tongue like monkey

Couldn't get everyone together for a picture, but
here is some of Team Hope. Check out Mason, what
a bookworm! Just like his mama :) 

1 comment:

Mariah said...

10 points for the phallic picture. hahaha