October 25, 2011

The Best of Intentions...really

I really do mean to update this blog more than I actually do. I really mean that. But, like with most things, it gets pushed aside. The problem with putting off posting things, is that by the time I get around to posting them, well, it isn't really current information anymore.

For instance, Todd and I went to the opening night of the Anchorage Symphony...OVER A MONTH AGO! I have been meaning to go on and on about how incredible it was. That it was probably the most enjoyable ASO event we've been to in a really long time. That the pianist was breathtakingly amazing. Oh, and of course, that Randy's hair was shiny and beautiful as always.

We also took a quick weekend trip up to the cabin, also about a month ago. It was mainly to get things cleaned up and ready for the winter. We don't heat the cabin, so we have to bring back anything in the refrigerator or cupboards that will freeze and/or explode. I also changed the sheets and made sure there was a good stack of wood inside that would be nice and dry for whoever heads up there first this winter. Mason had a good time, and enjoyed playing outside even though it was definitely a lot colder than it had been on previous visits. I'm hoping we'll make it up this winter, but it's hard with a little guy. It gets so cold someone almost has to go up the night before to get the fire going and get the cabin comfortable. We'll see.

Todd and I both celebrated birthdays. Todd on 9/30, me on 10/8. We kept it pretty low key, which was fine. Next up is Mason's birthday...I can't believe I'll have a 3 year old!

This weekend Todd and I are heading down to Homer for a few days. We both realized we haven't been anywhere together, without Mason, in a REALLY long time. It will be nice to just relax and reconnect.

I promise to post picture to catch you all up, as well.

No comments: