October 7, 2011

We're still working on manners

Mason decided a couple of months ago that he wants to be a monkey for Halloween this year. I waited to get a costume for him until just a week ago incase he changed his mind. I should have just known better, this is my child after all, I don't think changing his mind is going to be an issue.
The little monkey with his banana basket

As soon as the monkey costume came we had to (of course) try it on and practice trick or treating. Here's a quick run down of the conversation

Mason: You open the door, Mommy.
(I pretend to open an invisible door)
Mason: Trick or treat!
Me: Oh what a cute monkey!
(I put one of his toys in his basket)
Ok, what do you say now?
Mason: Um, I need some more.

Ok, so, clearly we're still working on his manners...but it was at least honest.

And yes, for  those of you keeping track, his first Halloween was also spent in a monkey costume. He was only 11 months old and has no memory of this, obviously.
Look at that chubby little monkey!

No comments: