November 5, 2008

Sorry, Canada, not moving yet! Good morning, America!!

I have to admit, I was a little worried last night going to sleep. I was worried that it would be like the time I went to sleep and Al Gore was the President elect, and I woke up to find out he wasn't. But I woke up this morning, checked, and everything is how it was, and as it should be. For 4 years (since the DNC in 04) I have loved Barack Obama, and for the last year I have been watching as others either fell in love with him too, or, we'll just say they didn't love him quite so much. Through the name-calling and mud-slinging, through Hilary in the primaries, and Palin in the last couple months...all we heard was "yes we can". And THANK GOD people finally listened! Yes, we really can...and what do you know, we just did!

Now, while I have never been so proud and excited and full of hope for our country, the same cannot be said for the state I live in. It looks as though Alaska will be sending Stevens and Young back to D.C. AGAIN! I don't really understand how this happens year after year, but this year is especially upsetting, what with one being a convicted felon and all. And on top of this, Sarah Palin will be coming back to Alaska to govern again. This worries me in so many ways and for so many reasons. In the end, she's better here, watching Russia from her front porch, than sitting in the White House ready to take over, but I just don't see how it's going to work now with all the people she has pissed off in our legislature. Not to mention the people she has embarrassed across our entire state.

Enough of that. I'm sticking with excitement for our country, and with the fact that I no longer feel that I have to move to Canada. And as if Barack wasn't amazing enough, we now have Michelle as our First Lady! Even if you don't care for her (which, I don't really understand, but apparently there are some of you out there) how can you not appreciate watching the clothes! It's like our generations own Jackie O...but, before she was Jackie O and was still Jackie Kennedy. You know what I mean.

In closing, I would just like to say, THANK YOU, AMERICA!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

I totally love Michelle too. And her clothes!

HippieDiva said...

Hallelujah! We can hold off on getting our visas from other countries too. Though we were looking at mining in Australia.

And she is a fashion maven!

What an amazing turn in history!