November 28, 2008

Introducing...

He is finally here! Mason Patrick Loy was born November 25 at 12:22pm. He weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 20.5" long. As you can see, he has a FULL head of hair! He looks a lot like Todd (I think) and even though I know they'll change, his eyes are the darkest, prettiest blue I've ever seen. The cesarean went really well, and while I'm a little sore still, it's nothing that ibuprofen hasn't been able to handle. We just got home this afternoon. We could have come home yesterday, but I decided I wanted just one more day. So now we're home and trying to figure out our new lives as parents....and open to suggestions :)

Basically, he's perfect. Never in my life did I think I could/would love someone this way. I know all parents say this, but it's really true. It was the most amazing thing on Tuesday when it was already apparent that he knew my voice. It's all still a little surreal, and I often look at him and just stare thinking, was that really inside me? Did this all really happen?

So here are some pics. Sorry it took a few days, but I've been a little busy getting to know my new little man.

My first look at him.

Being checked out.

Dad got to bring him to me for a few minutes before they went to the nursery while I was sewn up.

Our first family photo.

Hanging out at the hospital.

Getting ready to go home.

4 comments:

HippieDiva said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!! Yay for babies! Congratulations again -- he's perfect. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! Best wishes to The Loy Family!

Mariah said...

Congrats! As Todd told me on the phone - he looks perfect in every way! :o)

Mariah said...

How has motherhood been treating you the first couple of days?