November 15, 2008

Things I didn't know

Since I only have 10 days left of being pregnant, it makes me think about the last (almost) 38 weeks and all the things I've learned. Here's a few...

1. Morning sickness really is a joke. It's not just the morning. It's ALL DAY LONG! Who knew morning sickness could strike in the middle of the night while you are sound asleep. Which leads to...
2. Zofran is a wonder drug! I would have never survived without it. Which also leads to...
3. All the people who said it would get better after the 1st trimester lied. I'm 10 days away from the end and I still throw up!
4. Virgin Pina Coladas are actually as good as the real thing. Although, it may have had something to do with the fact that they were served poolside in Mexico.
5. If the waiter in Mexico does by chance mix up the order, and serves you a real Pina Colada, you will IMMEDIATELY know. Don't worry.
6. I never thought that watching my husbands face light up during an ultrasound would actually be better than watching the actual ultrasound.
7. When it comes time to buy new (maternity) clothes, just do it. Having clothes that actually fit around you makes all the difference.
8. All the worrying I did about not feeling the baby move yet, was quickly replaced by total worry over whether I was feeling him move enough, which has now been replaced by wishing he would hold still once in a while because it hurts when he moves in certain ways.
9. People that say "get your sleep now while you can" have either never been pregnant or have forgotten how impossible it is to sleep at the end. You cannot get into a comfortable position that still allows for breathing...and if you do, you'll just have to pee in the next 2 seconds.
10. Worrying (endlessly) about having the baby come early has now been replaced with wanting him to come NOW!

And finally, having a husband who, for the most part, rolls with things and is able to calm my fears has helped get me through this whole thing. From the shots to the sickness to the bedrest/light duty to the moodiness...everything! (thanks, Todd)

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Do you remember when Miranda was pregnant from Sex and the City and she said they must mean "mourning sickness" not "morning sickness" since it lasts all day and night. And to think, this wonderful chapter of your life is almost over! I think I'll just adopt. :oP

Amanda said...

IF (and that's a big if) we ever do this again, we're adopting too.