December 10, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

My flight home Thursday was pretty uneventful...just the way I like it! Historically, I have never been a good flier. I don't like anything about flying, except for the vacation part that is usually attached. I hate airports, the huge crowds of (cranky) people, being cooped up in an uncomfortable seat, visions of crashing, well, you get the picture. I have come leaps and bounds over what I was 10 years ago. I used to literally throw up before getting on a plane. I could make it through security, but by the time I got to my gate I would be so worked up from nerves, I would puke. And I would NEVER get out of my seat. Ever. I can now fly without puking, get up and pee if I need to, and I've even been able to relax enough a couple of times to get a little nap in! I still will NOT change my seat, though. If my plane crashes, I need people to know I am me, and if I change seats they may not be able to tell right away who is who.

Ok, I got a little off track there. Basically, I'm home again with my boys. Mason keeps talking about "Mama on plane" which is soon followed by "Mama HOME!!!". Next time I'm going on a plane will be February, and all three of us are going! And it will be to Mexico to enjoy the sun and the sand...not the ice and the wind of Chicago.

In other news, I had my 7th Tysabri infusion today and found out that my blood test for the JC Virus (the virus that is thought to be causing PML/death in Tysabri patients) was negative! This lowers my risk of getting PML significantly and gives me one less thing to worry about. Yay!

2 comments:

Mariah's Mama said...

What Mariah said..YAY!!!

Susanne said...

Congrats on the negative JCV result. I haven't gotten mine back yet, and its been over two months.

@its_susanne