December 6, 2010

On the road again

Here I am, back in Chi-town. I left Anchorage on the 11:30pm flight and arrived here in Chicago a little after 8am. I love that AK Airlines does a direct flight, but holy hell is that a long flight! I did actually manage to get a little sleep, but I was most excited about the fact that I totally rocked the crossword in the AK Airlines magazine.

I am so comfortable now with the CTA train system here, which makes everything so much easier. I hoped on the blue line at O'Hare, then the red which led me almost straight to my hotel. I used Hotwire for the first time this trip, which I was a little nervous about because it doesn't actually tell you where you're staying until AFTER you've booked/paid for the room. So far, I'm pretty happy. I got a great deal on the price of the room, and it is literally looking over Michigan Avenue (home of the Magnificent Mile). My window is actually right across from the John Hancock Tower.

So, I got some lunch and crashed for a couple hours. It's now 5:30pm and I feel like I could go to bed already but I know that's a terrible idea. Besides, tonight is the big game! Pats vs. Jets! I'm planning on heading out soon to find some dinner and hopefully a big screen to watch the game on. I have to admit, though, it's really weird to not have a game come on until 7:30pm!

Tomorrow I have lab work and my MRIs. I'm also planning on doing some wandering/shopping. No big plans, but that's fine with me. It will be nice to be able to sleep in!

Of course, as fun as it is to be in Chicago and sleep in and shop...I miss my boys already. It's hard to leave Mason for sure, and it's also hard going to all these appointments alone. Todd would come with me if I asked, and he of course offered to many times, but it's more important to me that Mason's life stay as normal as possible. Besides, this time is only for a few days. It is definitely both a blessing and a curse that Mason doesn't really understand what is going on. I don't think I could handle if he cried knowing I was leaving...but it would be nice if he could understand that I'm coming home Thursday, too.

I'll update you all tomorrow.

No comments: