December 6, 2010

Birthday Day!

Mason's birthday was so fun. All day on Thanksgiving (his actual birthday), he went around telling everyone that it was "Birthday Day!" and I'm pretty sure he thought Thanksgiving dinner was all for him. My mom made him his own mini pie that we put 2 candles in after dinner, which he completely devoured. Then on Saturday we had his birthday party. As I've said before, birthdays are a big deal in my family, and I love it. We invited family and a few friends to the house and Mason had a blast...he can be a little quiet at first, but once he decides to turn it on, look out...he is a little ham! It should be no surprise to anyone that knows Mason that he had a "choo choo" party. Thomas the train was everywhere and Mason was in heaven! What a fun day. For two or three days after he kept asking for his friends to come over and have more choo choo party. He is definitely ready for gift opening at Christmas! What a difference a year makes!

Here's a few pics from his big day. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of him opening his presents (I was a little busy during this time). Luckily I know my mom and aunt have lots of pics, so I'll just steal theirs eventually.
 My mom makes the most amazing cakes! This one had a tracks in a giant "2"
complete with new Thomas characters. Mason was thrilled with his cake, and 
kept talking about the tunnel and loved pointing out and naming all the
characters. Mom even made train candies that went around the sides of the cake. 
Mason showing everyone how old he is now!
Getting ready to blow out that candle and dive into that yummy cake.
Frosting face. Always a good sign the cake was a hit!

No comments: