January 28, 2011

Minimalist

I've been trying to write about our last symphony concert for a couple of weeks now.

I'll start with the easy part...the actual concert. I have to admit, it left Todd and I both with a kind of "eh" reaction. It wasn't that it was particularly bad, with the exception of some french horn issues, it just never seemed to really take off. The oboe soloist was good, but the piece didn't really do much for me. While I wasn't terribly impressed, I am always amazed by anyone who can play the oboe (or any double-reed for that matter). When I try to describe to people what having asthma is like, I describe it as trying to breath through one of those tiny, red coffee straws. This is also what trying to blow through an oboe reed is like. Not easy.

As always, though, it's so nice to get out of the house with Todd, just the two of us. Our favorite babysitter, Ashley, came over to watch Mason. Actually, Ashley is our only babysitter, but this doesn't take away from her awesomeness at all!

And now for the hard part...Randy's hair. We all know by now that swooning over Randy's hair is my favorite part of having season ASO tickets. It's ok, Todd has come to terms with my little love affair. You can imagine my great shock and disappointment when Randy walked onto the stage with his new, very short haircut. I think I literally gasped. I'm still upset about it. My only hope is that by the time March rolls around and we have our next concert I can look forward to one, the return of Violin Boy and two, the quick regrowth of Randy's hair.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Mariah's Mama said...

Never fear my dear...IT GROWS BACK! By the time Violin Boy gets to town Randy knows he's gotta get the "do" just right!

As for the concert...I enjoyed the tranquility...you won't be hearing that in March when Violin Boy and his equally energetic two amigos arrive...I'm not sure Anchorage will ever be the same!