January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

Happy new year to everyone. I hope 2011 is full of health, happiness and love for you. New Year's Eve at the Loy house was pretty uneventful. I woke up yesterday without much of a voice, which made for a funny conversation with Mason while we were getting ready for daycare. He told me, "Sound funny mama" so I told him that I lost my voice. He immediately started running into my room, saying "Find it!". Pretty cute, actually. I only wish he really could have found my voice somewhere, it's still missing today.

After Mason got out of daycare we hung out at the house, playing trains on his new train table Todd found on Craigslist, and watched "Hero of the Rails" before Mason took a bath and went to bed. Unfortunately, the downtown fireworks started right around the time Mason was going to sleep. He was able to finally fall asleep but only after asking MANY times "What noise is?".

Todd and I stayed up, but only until about 10pm. I watched the dreamy Anderson Cooper on CNN's New Year's show but that was about all I could handle. As tired as I was, though, there wasn't a whole lot of sleep to be had. This year, the Anchorage Assembly decided to legalize fireworks from 9:30pm until 1:30am. What a horrible idea! If I ever run into Dick Traini again, you better believe he will hear my opinion about him proposing this awful ordinance. There were so many fireworks going off in our neighborhood it seriously sounded like a war zone.

Like I said, a pretty boring New Year by most standards, but for us, it was just right.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Happy New Year! That was a cute story about Mason running around to find your "lost" voice.

Mariah's Mama said...

Happy New Year Amanda. Yes I think Assemblyman Traini will be hearing from a lot of people. We had what sounded like a warzone in my neighborhood as well for about 4 straight hours! Cheers!