May 5, 2011

Faux Italian

ADN posted today that Olive Garden applied for a permit here in Anchorage. If I had a dollar for every time in my life someone told me that an Olive Garden was coming here, I would seriously not have to worry about Mason's college tuition! Anyone who is from Anchorage can probably relate to the constant Olive Garden gossip. This one seems fairly legit, but only time will actually tell.

Here's my thing.....if you want actual Italian food, DON'T GO TO OLIVE GARDEN! Seriously. This is not actually Italian food. Kind of like Taco Bell is not actually Mexican food. There are other offenders here in Anchorage already...Romano's for one. I can at least eat at an Olive Garden and be happy. This is not the case with Romano's. Bleck!

Maybe I'm just being an Italian food snob about this, but really people, I don't see why everyone is so freaking overboard about this place when Villa Nova is right down the road already. Hell, if you want "less fancy" you could even head over to Nino's. I'm not saying the food at Olive Garden is awful, but it's typical "all you can eat" Americanized Italian food. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

3 comments:

Maia said...

Amen, sister. I'm not offended by Olive Garden, but I'm not excited about it, either. We're really into Little Italy. It's more Greek than Italian, but they have flaming cheese. FLAMING CHEESE.

Mariah said...

Yeah, people have been making a big deal about it on facebook. I don't dislike Olive Garden but there are so many better restaurants out there!

Mariah's Mama said...

I admit several years ago I was smitten with Olive Garden...but I totally agree with you...it really isn't anything to get too excited about...there are so many better restaurants in town.