May 21, 2011

Get Golf Ready


Honestly, where was Hermione Granger to make being a nerd kind of cool when I was a kid? I need to find a picture of me around this age to post. You'll die! Frizzy hair and all!

Last summer, Todd took me to the driving range a few times. I was hesitant at first, but I really liked it! We ended up buying a cheap, beginner set of clubs for me last year, and of course I had to get golf shoes, too.

This year a friend told me about a Get Golf Ready program that the Anchorage Golf Course was doing. It's five, 90 minute lessons that basically go over basic rules and protocols. Last week was my first lesson, where we practiced our putting. I'm happy to report a few of my putts even made it in!

I was worried before going to my lesson, I guess nervous is a better word. I didn't want to be the worst one out there! The same friend that told me about these lessons also had given me a little pink book last summer called "Feeling Naked on the First Tee". Thanks to this little book, I knew all the answers at my class. Like, what does par 3, 4, or 5 mean, or what are the different colors at the tee box.

I'm excited for this weeks lesson. We're going to get into the bunkers (sand traps) and learn how to get the ball out of them.

I'm a total nerd. But I'm ok with that.

No comments: