December 2, 2008

One week old

Today Mason is already one week old! Things have been going OK since we've been home. I had a long weekend worrying about if Mason was nursing OK and getting enough. We were both having a hard time with the breastfeeding thing, that's for sure. Of course, added to this was the onset of crazy post-partum hormones that had me crying almost as much as Mason. Apparently this is just what happens, and it should go away after a couple weeks.

We had our first outing yesterday since Mason had to go in for a weight check. When we left the hospital he was a little under 7lbs 1oz (his birthweight was 7lbs 8oz). I was certain that he was going to be even lower than that yesterday and my fears would be confirmed about nursing and my mothering ability.......well, when the nurse put him on the scale he weighed in at 7lbs 9oz! I had to go look at it myself because I thought she might have read it wrong. What a relief to know that,even if it doesn't seem like it all the time, I might just know what I'm doing after all.

My c-section incision is pretty sore again, which is frustrating because I was feeling so great. I think I probably felt too good and over-did it. So today we're all hanging out at home and relaxing. I'll be sure to get some new pictures up soon, but as you can all imagine, my time available to sit at the computer is somewhat limited these days :)

No comments: