June 6, 2011

Hot Time in the Old Town

Holy hell is it hot in Chicago! Apparently, summer decided to greet me on my trip this week. Talking to people today, this crazy weather just started...and boy is it hot! Today was in the mid-90s (96 degrees was the hottest I saw) and I saw that tomorrow is supposed to be over 100!

I don't see myself getting out much on this trip. This kind of heat, coupled with the super high humidity, really aggravates my MS symptoms. I have to go downtown tomorrow for my lab work and MRI, so hopefully there will be enough shops around with AC that I can duck into to cool off. I did head down the street tonight and got my mani-pedi done. On my way back I picked up some dinner at Noodles & Company and brought it back to the room. YUM!

Talked to Todd and Mason for a little bit. They are doing the "how many sleeps" countdown for Mama to come home. Only 3 to go! Last night Mason had to spend the night with Nana and Papa, and he slept in the "big bed" for the first time. He has always slept in his pack and play over there, but now we put a side rail on the bed in the spare bedroom for him. My mom said he did great, and sent me some cute pics this morning of my happy boy waking up.

No comments: