June 6, 2011

Lincoln Park After Dark

I'm back in Chicago for my one year follow up. I'm really trying to not make a big deal out of this trip, but in reality, it is a pretty big deal to me. In December when I was here for my 6 month testing, my EDSS was up to 4...which means that if it is still a 4 on this trip, I can transfer over into the treatment group. Needless to say, being in the treatment group is what I ultimately want. I just remember how disappointed I was last year when I found out I was in the control group, so I'm trying not to get my hope up again and make a big deal out of this trip.

I'm only here until Thursday morning when I have to take that incredibly long flight back home. No real plans aside from my testing tomorrow and doctors appointments on Wednesday, but I'm staying in Lincoln Park again so there is definitely no lack of fun things to see and do. I love this neighborhood, and it's still so close to downtown where all my appointments are. One thing I have to do before Wednesday is get my nails painted...and because I'm so terrible at DIY manicure, I will definitely be heading out to a nearby nail salon. Hopefully they'll have my favorite nail color by OPI...Lincoln Park After Dark!

P.S. I really do have to have my nails covered for my appointment with the neurologist on Wednesday. He is the only one who doesn't know which group I'm in, and since chemo patients get a line on their nails and lose their hair, I have to cover them both when I go see him.

No comments: