October 29, 2008

Update

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, but the last couple of days have been a little crazy. Monday I saw my doctor, who THANK GOD didn't put me back on bed-rest. She basically said that as long as I feel OK at work, and that working doesn't make things worse, I can keep going. It helps that I'm still only working 6 hours a day, and that most of that time is spent sitting. She also said that the baby is just getting ready to come, even if it is a little early. I'm now at 35 weeks, so it really wouldn't be awful if he was born now, possibly a little NICU time, but nothing major.

I complained a little about some bladder pain/problems, but with Mason's head literally on my bladder, she didn't seem to worried. Well, as the afternoon went on the pain got worse and I ended up going back in to give a urine sample. Sorry for anyone who doesn't work in healthcare and isn't used to talking about pee, just skip this part if you want. Anyway, the nurse comes out and without really looking at me asks me if I'm on my period. HELLO?! Did you not notice the basketball under my shirt? Apparently there was a lot of blood in my urine. So they think I have a pyelonephritis (kidney infection) and write me a script for antibiotics. They also wanted me to try to pee again since there wasn't much the first time, so I did, and voila! out comes a big old kidney stone. (seriously, it was big...over 6mm...I measured it myself) Helps explain all the back pain I had been having!

Well, this all could be an explanation for the preterm labor. And the contractions have gotten better. So maybe Mason will hang out until the 25th after all.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

6mm?? Wowza you've practically already given birth. Are you sure that wasn't Mason who came out? And as far as Mason coming early I was technically born a month early (later they guessed they got the conception date wrong by a month) anyway I was A-OK, no problems whatsoever. Oh and in defense of the dumb nurse, I ALWAYS ask if the pt is pregnant no matter how big they are 'cause every once in a while you run into someone who looks like they could go into labor at any second and they're not even pregnant!!