October 14, 2008

When is it my turn?

One of the other pregnant girls at work is probably having her baby as I type this. Her water broke today at work. Well, not broke in the gushing water sense that people see in movies, but none the less, she was, well, leaking. She had been having pains/contractions since yesterday, but today after the leaking she was told by everyone at work to go to the hospital. (Side note: DUH!!! was my response. While not the most sensitive, it seemed crazy that she wouldn't know to do that)

Another one of the the pregnant girls at work is also probably delivering right now. Last I heard she was heading to L&D to be started on Pitocin. (Another note: Yes, work is full of pregnant people right now. I'm one of 3 in the lab and one of 5 or 6 in x-ray)

Basically, I'm just a little jealous. It reminds me of before we finally got pregnant, when I was constantly complaining to Todd that everyone else was having babies except for us! I know my time will be here soon enough, and honestly, if my water broke today I'd be more than a little freaked out, but I'm ready. I'm ready for the heartburn to go away, to sleep comfortably again, to work my normal job/hours again, to eat blue cheese and drink a glass of wine, and most of all I'm just ready to meet this little one I've been hosting for the last 8 months. I want to see what he looks like, and find out if it's really true that heartburn=hair. I feel like I already know him and his little personality. Now I just need to meet him face to face.

3 comments:

Mariah said...

Honestly, I don't want kids at this point (for obvious reasons), maybe ever, but even I feel left out! EVERYONE is having kids. Who is in labor now??

You're so close, you'll be experiencing the joy of pushing that thing out before you know it! :oP

HippieDiva said...

Awww... yes, your time will be here soon enough.

Oh, and you'll never sleep normally again. ;-)

Amanda said...

Ok, so it turns out it wasn't her water breaking. Just urine. Which is gross and I hope never happens to me. But the other girl did have her little baby Wednesday.