October 26, 2008

Well THAT wasn't supposed to happen

Last weekend we had baby shower #1, which was the AFD "baby party" (they call it this because it's a couples event, and men don't/won't go to a shower). It went well, even though I was nervous about it. Most of my nerves were just because Todd hasn't been with this crew very long and I don't know most of the wives yet. It also doesn't help that Todd has been traveling as a captain so much he hasn't been with his actual crew lately. Anyhow...it was great to meet wives I hadn't before and just have a nice party with no games. The crew was also very generous and we may be getting that Chariot at REI after all with the help of their gift card.

Yesterday was baby shower #2. This one was thrown by my aunt and mom. It was the usual type of women-only baby shower that I usually don't like going to. I made them swear there would be no games at this shower either, although my mom did sneak one game in. Not too bad, just the basket full of stuff that you look at and then try to remember everything that was in it. Simple and I get to keep the basket and everything in it. I ended up being so incredibly spoiled by everyone, and I now have a long list of thank you cards to write.

During shower #2 I started having some cramping, which I figured was just because I had been doing more than I usually do, or should be doing. After I got home the cramping just kept getting worse, so I called Todd at work to ask the hypothetical "if I need you to come home" question. Turned out to be not so hypothetical after all and he came off shift and took me to OB Triage. Long story short.........pre-term labor. Because of my abruption a few months ago they were concerned that trying to stop the contractions would make the abruption/bleeding worse. So for a while there was talk of taking him via c-section last night (minor freak out/crying moment when this conversation happened). I was sent to ultrasound, which showed my placenta was OK, so the decision was then made to try to stop the contractions. Quick shot of terbutaline and more monitoring..............and at 2ish in the morning we were finally sent home.

The contractions didn't completely stop, but they have definitely slowed down and are less intense. I'm taking is easy today, and I have to call my doctor in the morning. The doc on call last night was a little more lenient than I'm afraid mine will be....keep your fingers crossed she doesn't put me on bedrest again! So for now baby is good and is staying put until 11/25. I'll update more when I know more.

2 comments:

HippieDiva said...

OMG! Keep me posted! I have to know when baby mason comes out!

Mariah said...

Well I guess little jr. doesn't want to be born on the 25th!