October 22, 2008

The Final Countdown

I scheduled the c-section today. November 25th is the big day. I'll be in the hospital for Thanksgiving, but I'll have so much to be thankful for this year I don't think I'll mind. Besides, I'm sure I can convince my family to have Thanksgiving a couple days late this year.

For those who aren't caught up on everything, after Todd and I went to childbirth classes like a good little pregnant couple, my doctor had a long talk with us at my last OB appt. We talked about my higher risk of bleeding and about multiple sclerosis issues and all kinds of things. In the end it was really up to me, but once the 'hemorrhage' word was spoken, it was pretty much decided for me. I just can't take that risk, and I certainly don't need the extra worry. Not that a c-section is 100% safe, but it's less risky for me personally. And of course, I've already called L&D to check the anesthesiologist schedule, just to be sure!

So, that's that. Just 34 days away! Kind of crazy, really. I already re-set my countdown so it will be accurate. I have to admit, not only is having an "end date" in sight helpful, having a scheduled day is SO helpful to me and my type-A self. It's almost relaxing in a way...well, as relaxing as the idea of surgery can be.

2 comments:

HippieDiva said...

Yay for babies! I'm so glad you have peace of mind about an end date! Do you need anything still?

Mariah said...

Wow, only 34 days...well I guess technically it's 33 now. It seems like you just got pregnant (though I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to you!). I could see how having an "end date" would be a total stress reliever!