October 2, 2008

I'm not doing THAT!

Todd and I had our first childbirth class last night, and the title of this blog basically is how I feel about the entire labor process. Now, I'm not one of those women who just realized this during childbirth class, I've been in health care long enough and seen enough laboring moms in my life that I've known this since I was 17 years old and saw my first live birth. I know he has to come out, and I'm excited for that to happen, I'm just not so excited for HOW they are proposing he come out.

I am a big fan of having a c-section. Todd and I do not see eye to eye on this one. I am not a hippie, natural childbirth kind of girl. I have nothing to prove about my woman-li-ness, and, well, I can't get past the fact that I will be pooping in front of people! (quick note here: for all you women who have given birth and think that you did not in fact poop in front of people, you're wrong. the docs and nurses who work in L&D are just used to it and usually push it aside before you ever notice, just ask anyone who works there) Up until a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't going to have much choice in the matter. My placenta was really low for the first 7 months of my pregnancy, but, alas, that is the one thing that has gone right and it has since moved up and out of the way.

So, I'm going to birthing classes and being a good sport. I'm trying to have an open mind about everything, even though what I'm really thinking is that I'M NOT DOING THAT!!!

3 comments:

HippieDiva said...

What's funny is that I'm fighting over here so I can AVOID a c-section! I want the hippie natural childbirth -- but personally my recovery from my c-sect just sucked.

Good luck!

Mariah said...

Yeah - nothing about that process seems like fun...

Anonymous said...

y'know you could get the enema and not poo in front of people :)