August 9, 2011

Don't mind me

Starting on Thursday I started noticing some weird sensations in my hands. This is par for the course most days for me, weird numbness or tingling, especially in my hands and legs, so I tried to ignore it. And then I started having weird twitches in my hands. Just random twitches. Not painful, but still super annoying. I have been trying to ignore this stuff and go about my business, but the twitches are now also this weird sensation all over my body. On top of the strange feelings, I have been having vertigo, which then makes me nauseated. Yesterday was so bad after I got off work I went home and searched the medicine cabinet to see if I had any nausea medicine left over from pregnancy (I did). I also took a little nap, but woke up with half of my face feeling numb.

So...I finally called the neurologist. There are other MS symptoms rearing there ugly little heads, so I'm pretty sure this is a flare. I've been lucky and haven't had a big flare in a long time, at least not one that required steroids, so I shouldn't complain, but the thought of having to do a course of steroids really sucks. Plus I'm not 100% sure what this means for my study. I'm pretty sure they'll want me to have an MRI before starting steroids, but I'm not sure if they'll also want me to fly to Chicago because of it.

I hate being a complainer, but I really have been feeling shitty. And since Thursday it just seems to be getting worse. Especially the vertigo/nausea. I think I could deal with the weird twitches and weakness, but the nausea really affects everything.

Now I'm just waiting for a call back from my neurologist.

No comments: