August 12, 2011

Steroid Ramblings

This week has sucked. I think that basically goes without saying.

My house is a mess. Dishes aren't done. Laundry isn't done. Toys aren't picked up. You get the idea.

Normally, by steroid day 2, I'm feeling better enough to get more work than I probably should be doing done. Today, I walked (with Texas Ranger) to check the mail. That's about all I've got in me.

Texas Ranger and I seem to be getting along fairly well. No offense to the walker, of course, but as helpful as he is, I'm not planning on this being a long term affair.

My MRIs are all finally over. Thank the lord for Xanax. What a beautiful, amazing, glorious drug! Brain, cervical and thoracic spines. Ugh.

As far as MRI results go, I'm torn. Nothing enhancing (which means no active demyelination right now) which is good, but it doesn't help to explain why I'm having the biggest flare I've ever had.

Still don't really know what this means for Chicago, either. On top of not even knowing if I'm going or not, tickets right now are so freaking expensive.

The saying "you find out who your friends are" is so amazingly true. You know who you are. Thank you.

Not sure about work right now. Not like I can take care of patients or run to the OR with a freaking walker. It's stressful. The nice part about being PRN is the flexibility it allows. The shitty part is that I don't get sick or vacation time.

My dear friend Guilt has decided to come back and join the party. I feel so bad the last few days that Mason has me for a mommy. I can't pick him up or run around with him or jump or do really much of anything except sit while he plays or brings me books to read. He didn't ask for this and I'm so sorry for that.

Today is Todd and my 5th anniversary. Bet it's times like this he wishes he had a return policy for me. Funny though, it's times like this I realize just how lucky I truly am to have him.

Have you eaten at Table 6 yet? So yummy. Great service, great drinks, great food (I love that they have think french fries) and super casual atmosphere. 

You know what true love is? For Todd's anniversary, I got tickets for us to go see k.d. Lang in concert. He loves her...me, well, not so much.

Know what else true love is? For my anniversary gift, Todd is knocking another thing off my "bucket list". A flight seeing trip around/on Denali! It won't be until June because the weather is so crappy this time of year, but at least that gives me a whole year to be walking normally again.

Mason as another play date set for Monday with his "new friends". That's what he's been calling them, which is funny because they aren't really "new", we've known them for a while, but we just recently started getting the kids together more. Hopefully it's nice and they can play outside.

I started watching Desperate Housewives on Netflix. I've never watched it before and I am incredibly disappointed that no one told me how freaking HOT the guy that plays Mike Delfino is! How is it that I have gone on this long without this knowledge?







No comments: