August 14, 2011

Still waiting

I'm still waiting to feel better. Right now, I'm stuck in the steroid craziness. Mood swings, vertigo, heartburn, exhaustion, insomnia, confusion, hot flashes, irregular heart rate, hunger, crying, flushed face, forgetfulness, nausea, joint pain....plus all the MS symptoms I took the steroids for in the first place.

I did manage to make it out a little today. Todd, Mason and I all ventured out for two quick trips. I did take Texas Ranger with me, and even though it is probably one of the most embarrassing thing I've ever done, I'm glad I took the damn thing with us so I could at least walk around a little bit. And Mason thinks it's fun to sit and ride on it. (Oh, to be a kid again)

Right now I'm planning on trying work again tomorrow. We'll see how it goes, I guess. Thursday is my normally scheduled Tysabri infusion and if this hasn't gotten significantly better (i.e. no longer using Texas Ranger) I will be having a long conversation with both my neurologist here as well as the study team in Chicago.

I am trying to remind myself that while in the past the steroids have helped faster than this, my past flares were not nearly as severe as this one.

No comments: