December 8, 2008

Play it again, Mom

Mason seems to be on an every-other-night fussiness pattern (I refuse to use the word "schedule" as that obviously does not apply to a baby by any stretch of the imagination). Last night was a great night....which makes me somewhat fearful of what tonight has in store. It seems like he's been gassy lately, but I don't really know what it is. We have some Mylicon (sp) drops, but I'm not convinced they really work. Someone told us to try Gripe Water.......any other suggestions out there?

Oh, and please don't ask me what I ate. I did have some ice cream the other night, which I later found out can upset a breastfed baby, but really, I swear, I haven't had any broccoli, spicy foods, chocolate.....nothing weird. It is on my list of questions for the pediatrician tomorrow.

Anyway, back to the up all night business. Mason loves being sung/hummed to. So far his favorites have been "Over the Rainbow" and "Moon River". I know, I need to stop singing the poor kid show tunes but he seems to like them. At least I'm not singing him songs from Grease or Cats!

2 comments:

HippieDiva said...

Dairy can be an issue for breastfed babes too... and I love gripe water, fwiw. I didn't know about it when JR was a newborn; we used Mylicon with him and it did work, though gripe water I've found to be more effective.

Sodie said...

gripe water works amazingly! so when can I bring you yummy spicy indian food?