December 10, 2008

2 weeks and lots of firsts

Yesterday Mason had his 2 week check up with Dr. Elliott. He totally shocked everyone when he weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs 10 oz!!!! Needless to say, he is growing quite well. It was his 1st visit since we were discharged and everything is going great. All my questions were answered, and all the answers were basically that he is a normal, happy, healthy baby. So now I just need to learn to relax :)



He had his first real bath yesterday and LOVED it. I was a little nervous after his strong dislike of his prior sponge baths, but he did great!


We also tried some "tummy time" yesterday for the first time. He was not such a fan of this, but today went a little better. He is already stronger than I thought and can lift his head up and turn it to the other side.

I got our Christmas card/birth announcements ordered yesterday, too. I'm sure they'll be going out a little late this year, but hopefully everyone will understand. A woman that works with my aunt is going to be starting her own photography business after the new year so she came over to practice a little on Mason. She did such a great job with him, we're planning on having her come back again when he gets a little bigger.


Well, that's all for now. I can hear him calling for me again.

No comments: